Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Beautiful Day!

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here today! A cool 64 degrees outside, blue skies and birds achirpin'!  I love it.  I'm so looking forward to some fall weather.  I'm over the hotness of summer now.

I watched the movie "Life As We Know It" last night.  It looked really cute and funny, but I found it to be mostly depressing, which was disappointing.  But, I did discover another new song through the movie, which is always a plus since I love music so much!  I just love the words, so perfect for me right now and it's just such a calming, Zen song ... I love it!

"Come away, come away
leave it all far behind you.
‘Cos it’s not who you are and it’s not what you wanted.
I can see, I can see
the strength there inside you.
Calling you
come away to where you’re bright eyed and hopeful.

As a child is this how, you saw yourself all grown up.
‘Cos I believe, I believe
in your smile I see someone else.
Coming through, coming through
like the sun-rays that kiss your face.
Like they always have done and they always will for you now.

And everything will be alright now, alright."



There is so much positivity out there - I just keep finding it everywhere!  It's not because it wasn't there before though.  It's because I wasn't seeking it and focusing on it.  More and more I find proof that life truly is what you make it.  I like the following quote:

"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it."  - Lou Holtz

Bad things happen ... to everyone. You can either let them defeat you or ...



As I have said before, there will be stumbling blocks, and I still hurt .... and cry ... and get angry, but I will not let it overtake me. It will be temporary. I will not let darkness overtake this bright, beautiful life I have been granted! There are too many reasons to smile, and besides, you look a lot prettier with a smile on your face!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment