Friday, April 2, 2010

20 weeks ... Halfway There!

Today marks 20 weeks pregnant!  In some ways it has felt like it drug on (mostly in the beginning when I was SO MUCH more worried!) and in other ways it feels like it has FLOWN by!  The contractions are starting, but after a trip to L&D this week, it has been determined that so far they are just Braxton Hicks because my cervix is still measuring >3cm and hasn't changed.  I have been trying to get some shopping done as I know my shopping days are limited!  It is so hard to walk around already because the round ligament pain gets out of control and now that the contractions are starting, it makes me nervous.  I am not on any type of bedrest yet because they aren't real contractions, but they are scary because I don't know how to tell the difference with my history!  I am starting to feel more movement, and Aunt Tiffany even felt some movement from the outside this week!  It's pretty sporadic still, but so much fun to be feeling real movement and jabs.  :)

Here is my 20 weeks belly shot:


The big news in the Curtis household right now is the new swingset!  It is all put together now, complete with a wooden border and some cedar mulch thanks to Mike!  He is awesome!!!  ♥  Mikaela is really enjoying her new swingset and first thing when she wakes up it's, "I wanna go play on my swingset!"  So cute.  Honestly, all the older kids are enjoying it too!  Here is a picture of the completed project, and a few I took last weekend just before it was completely finished.
 






We are enjoying some gorgeous 70 degree weather here in Virginia!  This week has been beautiful and the weekend is supposed to be perfect!  We are looking forward to enjoying the weather and Easter together.  Mikaela is so excited about the Easter Bunny coming and bringing her candy!  It's so cute.  :)  Speaking of, we took her yesterday to see the Easter Bunny and she was SO EXCITED and then when she got on his lap, she wouldn't look at him or smile.  She was all seriousness!  Luckily, Aunt Tiffany was able to get a cute little grin out of her for the picture at least!  Once she was off his lap though, she was talking up a storm to him and asking him to bring her candy and prizes.  So cute!


I hope everyone has a great weekend and a very Happy Easter!  Mikaela is going to be a blast this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment