Saturday, March 20, 2010

18 weeks! We are having ...

Yesterday marked 18 weeks.  Almost halfway there already!  I had an OB appointment in the afternoon and it went really well.  My cervical length is still holding out >3cm which is fabulous.  It was pretty uneventful other than that because everything is just going SO WELL!  Thank God.  I truly had pictured this pregnancy with twins to have gone horribly wrong by now with preterm labor.  I couldn't be more thrilled that things are going so well.

Then in the evening, we had our repeat ultrasound with the 3d place for gender determination since they weren't able to tell before.  After a lot of work because one baby was just being super stubborn, we found out that we are having ...

2 more girls!!!!!!!

Poor Mike had his dreams of having a boy dashed last night.  He was pretty crushed and I really felt bad.  However, I know he will love these little girls as much as he loves the two he already has.  I am over the moon - I would have been either way it went!  I am just so happy to know so that I can finally feel like I can really get prepared, just in case bed rest is in my future.

We have lots of shots with the 3 lines, but I will just share one of each baby. 



I can't believe I am going to be the mommy of 4 girls. ♥ 

Funny story:  We were in the car on the way to get something to eat after the ultrasound last night. Mike rolled down his window to spit out his gum and Mikaela goes, "Daddy! You messed my hair up!" He goes, "This is what I have to live with for the rest of my life!" LOL It was really funny! Poor Mike. Too much estrogen, not enough testoterone!  One of these days we will have to get Izzie a nice, big MALE playmate!  lol 

On a different note, today is GORGEOUS!  It's the first day of spring, my big brother Joey's 35th birthday and opening day at the Hampton Supertrack!  It's my nephew Taylor's first day back at BMX racing, which he has been doing since he was about 6 years old!  I can't wait to see his race and enjoy this beautiful day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment