Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Got My Happiness Back

One sad day ... I can deal with that!  I'm still sad, of course, but I'm not going to let it keep me from being happy.  I am so blessed ... life is good, I can't help but smile! I went to the Y and did my bootcamp class tonight and I feel AMAZING! I love working out - it really, truly makes me HAPPY!  I'm just trying to figure out how I can squeeze everything I want to do at the Y into the 2 hours a day of childwatch I am allowed!  haha  I listened to a TON of music today too.  Music always makes me feel good. There's a perfect song for any way you are feeling at any given time!  :-)  I discovered an Eminem song that I had never heard before, and I'm totally diggin' it!



I saw this quote today, one that I have seen before and I thought I would share:

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."  -unknown

It's such a true quote for life in general, but it really spoke to me in regards to marriage when I saw it today.  So many people are so quick to give up on their marriages today. I have come to realize that every marriage, no matter how perfect it may seem from the outside, has problems. Sometimes they are big, HUGE problems that seem insurmountable. I firmly believe that a marriage can overcome anything if both parties are invested and willing to work through the issues.  I say that having lived it!  Marriage is hard work, but it is a commitment. Especially when children are involved, you have to really give it your all through good times and bad! Don't get me wrong.  I'm not sitting on a high horse looking down on anyone who has ever been divorced.  I realize that sometimes it is just for the best and that sometimes one partner is just not interested in working it out no matter how much the other person is.  I'm just sharing my thoughts on how this quote spoke to me today.  I'm pretty sure that given everything my husband and I have been through in our 13 years of marriage, anyone would understand if we gave up and walked away from our marriage! We have been through more than most people will experience in an entire lifetime. But, somehow, we have held it together.  He's not perfect ... I'm definitely not perfect ... but we love each other and we are committed to our marriage and keeping our beautiful family together.  It's not always easy, in fact, it's rarely easy!  But it's definitely worth it.  ♥

I have to share something cute Mickey said today. I was making her lunch and she saw her 2 little friends outside next door, so she went outside to see if they could play after lunch.  She came in all sad saying that she couldn't play with them.  I asked her why and she said, "I don't know.  I guess they have chicken bones." I was like, what the heck!? What does that mean.  And she got all irritated and said, "I don't know!"  She goes back out and tells me she doesn't think they are going to be friends anymore because they aren't allowed to play and said something about chicken bones again. I didn't know what the heck she was talking about!  LOL  She went out one more time and it all became clear ... they have chicken pox!  Pox .. not bones!  hehe My kids crack me up.  How could I be anything but happy!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment