Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Positively Living the Miracle



"What we focus on, we empower and enlarge. Good multiplies when focused upon. Negativity multiplies when focused upon. The choice is ours: Which do we want more of?"

- Julia Cameron

It's been a while since I posted on my blog.  I let negativity take over my life for a while, but I am done with that! I love the above quote, because I know first hand just how true it is.  I have lived it the last few months! I am now focusing only on the good in my life.  That's not to say that I, or my life for that matter, is perfect.  I'm just saying, LIFE IS A MIRACLE!!!  I'm going to treat it that way and live for the good in it.  Every day I am going to strive to be a better person. I am not perfect and I never will be, but I love myself anyways. I'm not a perfect mom, wife, friend, daughter, etc., so on, but I am going to do my best and give it my all, as positively as I can. There might be some stumbling blocks along the way, but I will read this quote and know that tomorrow is always a new day:

"Finish every day & be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders & absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well & serenely & with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good & fair. It is too dear, with its hopes & invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

With that said, one the things that has remained positive throughout all the struggles I have been going through the last few months, is my journey to getting healthy! I am still going to Zumba almost daily and LOVING IT!!! I am also taking some other classes at the YMCA and just generally all around loving working out! I feel amazing, inside and out. There has been huge transformation inside and out.  As happy as I am and as good as I feel about the transformation of my body, the changes that have happened inside of me have been far more important in my life.  I am starting to love myself for the first time ... ever maybe!  I am gaining self worth and self confidence.  It feels amazing! I wish I had some hard proof to show you of the inner changes because they are SO important, but since that's not possible, I will share the changes on the outside. This is me wearing the same purple shirt in May of this year, and today, a short 4 months later:


Making the decision to get healthy has been the best decision I have EVER made and I am NEVER going back!  If you are waiting for the "right time" to start your journey, the time is NOW!  There is never a good time to start and you can always find a reason to not be able to do it, but the truth is, YOU CAN!  Anyone can.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  Find your will and get after it!  Find an activity you enjoy doing and start doing it.  For me, it was Zumba.  If you haven't tried Zumba - DO IT TODAY!!! Find a class and go. I was terrified the first time I went and now I live for it! It's changed my life. ♥ I believe we all have an inner dance Diva in us just waiting to come out, girls!  Not to say that guys can't Zumba too - there are guys that do it all the time!  ;-)  Whether it's Zumba, kickboxing, cycling, running, WHATEVER!  Find something you enjoy doing so you will keep doing it and get on the road to living an active and healthy lifestyle.  LIFE IS A MIRACLE and we want to live it as long as we can, so we need to be healthy in order to do just that.  

In other news, Carly and Callie are almost 15 months old now and walking all over the place.  They are into everything, but it is just so darn CUTE!  My Haley Bug started 7th grade, which just blows my mind.  I literally feel like I was JUST in 7th grade myself.  Mickey is her usual sassy, cute self!  She is taking ballet at the Y and loving it. Mike is preparing to leave for San Diego on the 27th for 10 months of school.  We are certainly not looking forward to that separation!  However, we are looking at things as the glass is half full rather than empty, so we are looking forward to seeing him for 3 weeks for Christmas and then 2 weeks in May, so that will break up the time quite nicely.  He will then be going back to a ship, hopefully here in Norfolk, once he finishes school.  I'm going to miss my husband dearly, but I am going to devote my life to our 4 beautiful girls and continue to work on myself.  The years are flying by ... this 10 months will be done before we know it too!

I think that's a good comeback post for now!  Looking forward to sharing more positivity real soon!  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment