Wednesday, May 25, 2011

4 and 34 - Happy Birthday to US!

4 years ago, I got the most amazing birthday gift one could ever receive.  My Mickey was born on my 30th birthday.  There are so many reasons this is poignant.  That day as I was in labor, I thought of my own mother 30 years prior in labor with me, anticipating the birth of her daughter.  I felt like she was there in spirit that day!  Mikaela was a gift in so many ways.  We had been trying for 6 years for a second child.  We had experienced 3 miscarriages and I had been diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) as a result.  Getting pregnant and staying pregnant was not going to be easy.  With the help of Femara, a fertility drug, we were blessed with the pregnancy that finally worked and gave us Mickey.  I spent a lot of months on bedrest thanks to my ever present preterm labor, but I made it to 36 weeks 4 days, my 30th birthday, and was blessed with the gift of Mikaela Debra, our little miracle!  She was a dream come true, such a gorgeous little baby.  ♥

Photo courtesy Purple Pickles & Cupcake Sprinkles

Photo courtesy Purple Pickles & Cupcake Sprinkles

Photo courtesy Purple Pickles & Cupcake Sprinkles


This bible verse couldn't be any more true:


"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has
granted me what I asked of him."

1 Samuel 1:27


Now, here we are 4 years later and I can't believe my baby is 4!  She is sassy, spunky, naughty, cute, smart and strong willed!  She tries my patience on a daily basis, but she always keeps life interesting!  I can't imagine a world without my Mickey Mouse.  ♥




I am now 34 years old, and I LOVE LIFE!!!  Some people are scared of getting older - it honestly doesn't bother me.  Life just gets sweeter and sweeter.  I don't feel old at all ... still feel like a kid myself!  Just living the miracle over here!  :-)  Me on my 34th ...




No comments:

Post a Comment