Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day ♥

Today was a great day.  While I always feel a little sadness on Mother's Day for not having my mom here on Earth, I have 4 beautiful little girls and a wonderful husband who make it impossible not to feel like the luckiest girl in the world!  I still can't believe I am a mommy to 4 little girls.  They are my life, they bring me so much joy!  I am so blessed and SO thankful for all of them.  Life is crazy sometimes having 4 kids, 2 of them 10 month old babies, sure, but as I have said before, the joy far outweighs the craziness!  :-)  My 2 big girls made me beautiful cards, which are the best gifts a mom could ever ask for.  My sweet little Haley Bug said the sweetest things in hers.  I couldn't have felt more special!

This is what Haley's card (pictured above) says:  "You mean so much to me, so this is why I'm writing you this.  I love you.  I'm using this special day to tell you just how much you mean to us, not just me, but Mickey, Callie and Carly.  You're always there for me.  I am just so lucky yo have a mom like you.  You truly are, the best mom ever!!  "Have I ever told you, How much you mean to me?  Oh you're everything to me..."  - Flyleaf ♥  I hope after reading this, you'll know just how much you mean to me.  Your Loving Daughter, Haley."  How flippin' sweet was that???  *sniff*

And here's Mickey's homemade card, with a little help from Haley!  ;-)

Remember, I already got my Mother's Day and Birthday gift early, my AWESOME Jo Totes camera bag, which I have been using and LOVE IT!


We spent the bulk of the day outside.  While the morning started off dreary, the sun shortly came out and it turned out to be a gorgeous day!  My sister in law and her family were here as well.  We had a cookout (thanks to my wonderful neighbors behind us loaning us their propane tank since ours ran out right after we turned it on!)  Hot wings - YUM!  And Tiffany and I had Strawberry champagne with real strawberries!  Another YUM!


It was a great day!  I am such a lucky, lucky girl!  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  (1 heart for each of my loves ... my 4 girls and my awesome husband, Mike!)

No comments:

Post a Comment