Saturday, April 2, 2011

I LOVE Zumba!

So I got up this morning to meet my friend at the Y to try a couple of classes.  The first class was Abs and More at 8:30am.  It was a half hour class and really, REALLY worked my abs!  I was grunting and groaning towards the end!  haha  I'm gonna whip these abs into shape though, by golly!  Then at 10:30 it was an hour Zumba class!!!  I LOVED IT!  I was terrified actually - I have a hard time getting coordinated following people for workouts, but it didn't go nearly as bad as I thought it was going to.  LOL  I had a blast, worked my BUTT off and the hour flew by.  The teacher was so cute and peppy, it really made you want to keep going.  Looking forward to doing lots more Zumba now!   I am hoping that adding in all these classes at the Y will make this weight loss and getting healthy kick into high gear!  I need that to stay motivated.  ;-)

Then, something I have been trying to do for MONTHS happened this evening!!!  MICKEY GOT HER 1st HAIRCUT!!!!!!  She has been scared to go and kept saying, "But it's going to hurt."  No one could talk her into it - not even her Aunt Kayla when she was here.  Mickey had kept saying everyday, "I'll go tomorrow."  Well, my friend Juliane was getting her boys hair cuts today, so I asked Mickey if she wanted to go and watch and then get her hair cut and she was excited to go and meet them there, so she said yes.  Lo and behold she watched Caio getting his hair cut for about 15 seconds and she said she would do it when the woman called her name!  It looks SO CUTE!  We got it cut much shorter for summer and so as not to have so many knots that drive Mickey (and MOMMY!) crazy every morning.  I think she looks adorable, and she is SUPER happy!


Then Mickey was playing with Callie when we got home and they were being so cute!



Garden Progress Update!
The garden is making progress!  I am so shocked how fast these seeds are sprouting!!  We now have Mesclun still growing, like CRAZY, Oregano starting to sprout and Roma Tomatoes starting to sprout.  I can't wait to see what else starts sprouting.  Mike bought some more seeds today to add to what came with the kit; jalapenos, watermelon, canteloupe, red onion and zucchini.  I hope this all works out since we really don't know what the heck we are doing - it's already fun though!  Mike is getting some advice from our friend, Nick, who is pretty good at this gardening stuff though, so that should help.  :-)


Today was another good day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment