Saturday, April 30, 2011

Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA

Today was Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA.  I just LOVE the YMCA!  They have so many fun activities for my kids and they are helping me get healthy again.  I made this event a special Mommy and Mickey time.  Mike stayed home with the other kids so we could go, just her and I.  She had so much fun, and so did I!  I know it is extremely important to try to make these special times for her - part of why she is so naughty is because she is craving attention.  She was so cute - she got to pitch a baseball (and she has a great arm! ), try her hand at hula hooping, do a little exercise course (her first time doing jumping jacks!  How adorable!), jump in a bounce house, slide down a big blow up slide and the most fun of all ... she and I did Family Zumba in the parking lot!  She actually did the moves with me this time, and she was so darn cute.  She has been walking around the house singing, "Shake, shake, shake, shake, a shake it" ever since!  She also got her face painted and some YMCA tattoos on her hand.





After that, we came home and picked up the backyard for Daddy so he could mow.  I put all the kids to work helping pick up the pine cones!  My nephew, Taylor and Mickey were slacking in the helping only helping a little, but my Haley Bug was very helpful, sticking with me until it was all done!



Then Mickey played outside while I ran some errands and afterward we went to a get together at our friends Nick and Juliane's house so the guys could watch the UFC fight. A very busy, but fun day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment