Monday, April 4, 2011

Teething for Callie = NO sleep for Mommy!

You would never guess from looking at the sweet little happy face that follows in the pictures frpm today that she was up ALL night long screaming last night!  This poor baby is teething so bad.  She already has 2 bottom teeth, but her gums are just so incredibly swollen - she's going to have a mouthful very soon!  She was literally up screaming every hour last night.  I finally just brought her in bed with me so I could rub her little head to get her to go back to sleep every time she woke up.  And this was with Tylenol AND Motrin piggybacked in her!  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep at all last night.  But look at that sweet, happy face from today, showing off her cute little 2 bottom teeth.  ♥

Carly was a good girl at least and only got up once at 4am for a bottle.  Carly is teething too, but not like Callie.  We are still waiting for Carly to cut some teeth!  However, Carly did something SUPER cool today!  She said her first real word - BALL!  Every time she was playing with a ball, she was saying ball!  I couldn't believe it at first, but she kept doing it over and over again.  Awwww - so sweet!  ♥

So, even though I got no sleep last night, I still got myself and the kids up and ready to go to the Y this morning for the 10:30 Zumba class.  Mike had to take my car to get inspected this morning since we just realized yesterday that my state inspection sticker has expired.  He didn't get home until about 10:15 which put me in a major time crunch to try to get to the Y and get all the kids checked into child watch in time for the 10:30 class.  I barely made it in time and since we were in such a rush, my friend Juliane was trying to help bring Carly and Callie to get signed into child watch.  Well, once her 17 month old saw her again, he was done and wouldn't stop crying!  So, we ended up not making it to the Zumba class.  Guess it just wasn't meant to be this morning.  So we decided to go to her house to let the kids play.  Once I finally got all three littles into the car, I was backing up and felt myself run something over.  Once I got out far enough, I realized it was my water bottle!  For heaven's sake, this morning just wasn't going to great!  I'll tell ya what though, those Nalgene water bottles are darn tough!  While it has some scrapes on it, it is still a working water bottle! Amazing!  :-)  So anyway, we spent the afternoon at Juliane's house and the kids played and had lunch.  It was gorgeous outside, so there was lots of outside playing.

Later on in the evening, we went to a different class, the Y Bootcamp.  It was really good!  50 minutes of getting my butt kicked, but it felt good afterward!  Funny how that works.  I burned 600+ calories!!!  Oh yeah, speaking of, today is Monday, which = weigh day!  176.6, so I'm down 1.4 pounds this week.  I would prefer at least 2, but a loss is a loss!  I am hopeful that the scale will continue to only go down and not back up from here on out.  :-)  I am now exhausted and ready to hopefully get some sleep tonight!

1 comment:

  1. We are still waiting on teeth too, I wish they would just hurry up already!